Is your school interested in becoming part of YCAT?
Why join YCAT?
- YCAT is a highly successful academy trust established six years ago.
- YCAT has a collaborative working ethos that values partnership and is supportive.
- YCAT has a scheme of delegation that empowers local governing bodies to lead their schools.
- YCAT has expertise in school improvement that was built on the HART Alliance, the first primary teaching alliance in North Yorkshire accredited 10 years ago.
- YCAT is an academy trust with an operational model that has school improvement at its heart with its own central team of experienced experts in school improvement including National Leaders in Education.
Choosing a MAT that meets your school's needs is an important decision that requires careful consideration. To help schools make this decision YCAT provides a “trust taster”. This is an opportunity to work more closely with YCAT to experience our “School Improvement and Support Service”. We have two 'taster' packages available that will be personalised to schools’ priorities and needs.
At the heart of the support packages will be the opportunity to work collaboratively alongside YCAT’S school leaders and teachers. This will include: joining our schools’ leadership support meetings, sharing our trust’s policies and monitoring materials, access to the trust’s newsletter , receiving personalised support for your school’s leadership and monitoring activities and urgent advice and support from our improvement and support team.
1. ESSENTIALS PACKAGE
- School leaders become members of YCAT school leadership meetings (9 meetings per year) providing regular updates on school improvement and safeguarding with strategic advise and support.
- School leaders receive updated YCAT policies.
- Schools’ receive YCAT school improvement resources and materials.
- Receive YCAT newsletter.
- Coaching visits to schools to see areas of best practice.
- One support visit from a national leader in education.
The total cost of the Essentials Package is £1000 per year.
2. PERSONALISED IMPROVEMENT PACKAGE
- All of the essentials package
- 3 planned support visits per year.
- Governors training “Preparing for OFSTED”
- Telephone advice and support throughout the year.
The total cost of the Personalised Support Package is £2000 per year.
Please contact Jo Robinson, CEO if you are are interested in joining YCAT, or would like to find out more information about YCAT, DFE partnership opportunities.