Training and support
YCAT is committed to being an employer of choice. As part of this commitment, we provide regular, in-house training at all levels including:
- Teaching assistants
- Early career teachers
- Teaching staff
- Subject leaders/coordinators
- Leadership staff
- Administration and business management staff
- Trustees and governors
Termly cross school training ensures our staff are kept up to date with current developments and best practice.
We recognise the importance of the role of trustees and governors but understand the logistical issues they face in attending training sessions. The experience of lockdown during the Covid-19 pandemic has made us realise the potential of online training for rural schools that will save Governors and Trustees time from travelling and during 2021/22 all our updated training will be recorded so that Governors will be able to access it at a time of their choice.
As our schools have had a key role in the development of the HART Alliance, we have access to a wide range of expertise and training programmes throughout the year. YCAT staff are involved in the development of many of these programmes, following research into new techniques and approaches.
Programmes include, for example:
- Personalised ECT support.
- Leading your Curriculum.
- Teaching assistants understanding the principles of cognitive science.
- Using recalls and assessment to maximise your impact on pupils’ learning.
- Middle and subject leaders – ensuring you have an impact on children knowing more and remembering more.
- Using lesson studies to improve the impact of curriculum implementation.
- Early Years Network.
- Governors’ training- supporting and holding your leaders to account.
- Admin/Business Managers network.
- Subject leaders network.
- Teachers’ year groups network.
- Early Reading Network
- SENCO Network